Take an Oath

With all the quietness and the hustle dying down, I got some time on my hands to introspect and retrospect and I have decided on something.
Long enough I have hurt myself for harmless things, enough I have scolded myself for moments that were not to be blamed.
Long enough I have put myself down because of someone else, I have let people make me feel emotions that they had no right to make me suffer.
Who gave them the control to make sad, envious, agitated? I did. I gave someone the key to unlock the parts of my brain that are supposed to be only in my hands.
Long enough I have looked at myself in the mirror and found flaws that were never truly there. What flaws am I to find, when I am a creation of the Universe, the same universe that has the stars and planets, life and creation. Faults are not on the surface to be seen. Faults are what lies inside, that we have created for ourselves, faults that have created tremors deep inside us.
Long enough it has been, that I have not given the love I deserve.
So I take an oath. An oath to love myself.
An oath to love myself so much, that I do not let the others get to me.
An oath to love myself so truly, that I work on my flaws instead of bury them and ignore them. A love so beautiful that molds me into a person I dreamed to become.
I take an oath to fill myself with light, that the darkness cannot get to me.
So that I know that I am enough. I am blessed.
A love that lets me know that I am only another human who has flaws and makes mistakes, but I can correct them and make amends, and not beat myself down.
I am taking an oath. I am making a promise to myself. I will love this creation first,
I will love myself first.

Take an oath too, love yourself
Make this world a better place,
Mohana

Comments

  1. Lady!! I love myself. But i love you too!!!! This should be read by everyone on earth today. This is beautiful. As i say, you’re as beautiful as your mind can think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Moni, చాలాబాగా చెప్పాలిరా తల్లీ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment