Today I Don Black...

Today, I take, through this blog, an opportunity to pay my respects to a man who was beloved to millions.

To begin with, I shall talk a little about how I have come to know this magnificent person.
In the spring of 2007, in the first week of April to be precise, I had set foot in the beautiful country that I would come around to call my second homeland, the Sultanate Of Oman. Though I was young, 7 years old at that time, I had never failed to be awed at the hospitality that the people of this place always seemed to show. And that was my first encounter with the leader of this country, through his people. It is true when they say that one can see the likeness of the leader through the people of the land. And that has never been truer than it has been in this country.
A nation in the Middle East, the hearts of the people have always been large. It was a reflection of the generosity and kindness of their great leader.
I have heard numerous stories of his life, his rule, and how he had turned the country into the flourishing nation that it is now. I have seen the love the people have for him, how grateful they are to him and how much they respect and adore their leader.
And over time, so had I. It was only natural for a person to inevitably fall in love with the beauty of this land, which I would take another day and another opportunity to do justice to, for its beauty deserves an entire lifetime to absorb. But to fall in love with the values, the culture and the traditions of the people, you would have to live there to experience that. As for me, I have spent majority of my lifetime in Oman, it was where I grew up. And saw the place around me grow as well. And all though I no longer live there, for I had to return to my homeland for my higher education, I do head back to my second homeland to visit my parents still residing there. And every time that happens, it feels as though I have come home to the warm embrace of a loved one, welcoming me with open arms to the land that nurtured my growth.
All of this is solely because of His Majesty the Sultan, for he was a man who was a definition of kindness, peace, generosity, welcoming people to his land and making them feel as though they have stepped into a world where no one is left behind, no one is pushed aside, where everyone is equal regardless of who you are and where you come from, as though it is the place of a loved one.

His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said Al Said, the Sultan of Oman, the Great Leader of a Great Nation, has taken his leave from this world on the 10th of January 2020, leaving behind his marvellous legacy that his people will always remember. He left behind a nation that will not stop growing to great heights due to the foundations that he had laid. And he also left an irreparable and unfillable void in all our hearts.
He shall live forever in our thoughts and our deeds and words and in our hearts. May his soul find its way to Heaven's open arms, awaiting the arrival of a Great King more importantly, a great person.

Thank you, your Majesty, for giving us everything.

Image result for sultan qaboos

Comments